Metered Taxicab Fares
Fares for standard taxicabs and accessible taxicabs
- The fare for conveying one to four passengers in a standard taxicab or accessible taxicab is determined as follows:
- for the first 72.5 metres or fraction of that distance a basic charge of $3.75
- for each additional 72.5 metres or fraction of that distance $0.16;
- for each 15 seconds of metered waiting time $0.13;
- for traveling to point of call or after discharge of passengers no charge.
- GST included in fare
- Driver may ask for fare in advance
- Maximum of four (4) passengers
Rates work out to approximately $1.71 per Km or $2.02 per mile.
Out of Town Rates:
$2.40 per Km for a one-way trip
$1.42 per Km for a round-trip
$35 per hour for waiting time